Oil change at walmart

So i just moved to cincinnati ohio. I decided to take my car for an oil change , and pressed on time walmart was the closest place. Since i couldnt do it myself(new apt building rules) i figured $19 wouldnt kill me.

I drop my car off and stroll around wallmart for no more than 10 min. I heard my name on the loudspeaker and went to get my car. I had payed $4 extra for "premium" service in which they check all your oils , top them off and vacuum your interior. Interior wasnt vacuumed and i thought long and hard about how they managed to do all that in 10 min.

I drive my car a block away and i see smoke coming from under my hood, i pull over and pop the hood. Antifreeze/coolant is spraying all over the place . Hose connecting to my radiator had 2 small holes in it .

Took it back to wallmart , they said it wasnt their responsibility and told me to go home.

Stopped at pep-boys , got a hose and some clamps and fixed it for $20.

Thats my horror story at walmart. I dont know if i have any legal rights in that matter . I would love to kick someones ass but alas assualt charges loom .

Reply to
Kain0o0

They probably punctured the hose while doing it. You should write a letter to Walmart with your complaint and a copy of your hose receipt. Send a copy to the store manager as well. Then find out who has a good independant mechanic in the area.

Reply to
ROBMURR

I went there and they strip my oil pan plug. I spent over $200 to fix it cos they put a larger plug in there and destroyed the original thread on the pan. Long story short, I was pissed and spent money to fix their prob. That is the last time i am going in there with my car. Just too much hassle to take them to court. U might want to try a small claims court.

Reply to
skewe

Just my opinion, but if you want to keep the car, I'd get the dealer hose and dealer clamps. Work better, and last much, much longer. Consider the $20 at Pep Boys the cost of emergency road service until you could get the proper parts installed. BTW, if they added coolant at Pep Boys, you'll need to replace that also with Toyota red and distilled water to avoid problems over the long term. Funny, but it sounded like trouble to me as soon as I read the heading of your post. Again, just my opinion, but I'd be looking for another apartment. I don't trust anyone as much as I trust myself doing maintenance and repairs on the car.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

So drive somewhere and change the oil. No need to do it at the apartment.

Reply to
Pat

THats true ,

Reply to
Kain0o0

Absolutely yes -- it must be changed!!! That green coolant causes build up. Change it as soon as you can to the factory red coolant. Those actually can be left on for years in your car and not have build up.

Changing instructions:

1) Radiators have a butterfly nut drain at the bottom. They're normally plastic. Run you car until it gets up to operating temperature. 2) Make sure to turn your heater on. 3) Park your car while leaving the ventilation temperature on the hot setting. 4) Let the engine get cold. 5) When the engine is cold, remove your radiator cap and turn the butterfly nut open. That should drain most of it. 6) If possible, try to remove your reservoir bottle to drain that as well. 7) Tighten the drain nut and replace the fluid with a 50/50 mix. Fill your radiator to the top and put on your radiator cap. Fill your resevoir as well. 8) Run the car again to optimal temperature. 9) Turn your heater on. 10) Turn the car off. 11) Check if you're low on coolant again through your resevoir. DO NOT OPEN YOUR RADIATOR CAP WHEN THE ENGINE IS HOT! 12) Refill the resevoir if necessary. You can wait until the engine is cold again if you'd prefer to check and refill through your radiator.

Have fun and be safe doing it.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Block will likley have a drain too... found the block drain at the front of the '02 I4 engine not too far from the rad drain That way you will get almost all

If not well maintained, it will be worth running water through the block till it runs clear....

Usually just pops off. easy to clean

--
JH

Only slumlords allow oil changes to be done in parking lots. Parking lots are for PARKING, not automotive maintenance. How declasse.

Reply to
dorsal

What makes you think they caused the holes in your radiator hose when changing the oil in your car?

Don

Reply to
RVerDon

I dont know , It was p[erfectly fine before i stopped to get my oil changed. Who knows.

Reply to
Kain0o0