? DAMN BRAKE DUST ?

Every month or so I spend about 4 to 5 hours cleaning off brake dust off of the rims using a paste cleaner and a couple of rags. Does anyone have any expereince using any of the " spray on hose off
products "? If so, what is the name brand and are you satisfied with the results? Thanks for your input.
Wal_Mart sells thsi stuff called Orange Blast all wheel cleaner.. works great.. spray on,, hose off... gets the white wheels on my 88 clean...
troy

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:20:55 -0400, "TroY"

Glad I read your post before I responded. Exactly what I was gonna recommend. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Meguiar's "Hot Rims Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner" -- OK on Chrome, no good on alloys -- screwed up clear coat even when washed off within 10 seconds. For alloys, I prefer a nylon "Dobie" pad with Dawn dishwashing detergent. HTH..... Paul.
TroY wrote:

G wrote:

I found that this new Prestone Wheel with Brake Dust Repelent works quite well, and when I have to replace the pads on my C6 Corvette, I am not going to use GM pads again.
John
Use ReJex on wheels.

I switched to ceramic pads and it helped a lot.
--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.