Brake Dust Revisited

New '05 325Ci here, gorgeous 'cept for the excessive brake dust. I did a google search and looks like most of the talk came from '03 and earlier. Any new updates on battling brake dust? Any other secrets or favorites that people would like to share? Much thanks.

Reply to
Charles C. Shyu

Sharkman540i

Clean the wheels very good. Then put a hard turtle wax on the wheels. Not the polishing waxes, but one htat says "hard" wax. This will make them clean very easy. The dust is due to type of pad and rotor. Stay with BMW OEM brakes pads. There is a reason BMW's brake good.

Reply to
AL

"Charles C. Shyu" wrote in news:m6hCe.24317$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I've seen some aftermarket plate looking things that you apprently put between your brake and the wheel. Anyone tried them? Any good? Any downside?

Reply to
Poseur

Yes, they will block airflow and can contribute to brake overheating and warpage.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Reply to
Jim Collins

There's also a reason so many of us who drive our cars 'briskly' swap pads. OEM is not the best available, by any stretch of the imagination. I second the Repco/Axxis/PBR recommendation. Less dust; grey instead of black, and better 'bite' than stock pads.

-- C.R. Krieger (Runnin' PBR Metalmasters)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger