How to get a Corvette at a good price

I'd like to buy a Corvette but I need to get the best deal possible. Anyone here know the best place to buy from? Secondly, anyone know the best strategy to use for getting a good deal?
R Davis

Let me take a shot at in the dark, know what you are doing -- or bring along somebody that does. Buying a Corvette is not all that different then buying any other car. Well except in the used market most private sellers see it as worth way more then it really is.
Moderation is for monks."
Hi Zombywoof, I think the biggest difference is that they are expensive, so I think it will probably be worth going out of my way a bit further to get a good price. I've been looking for big dealers. Kerbeck Corvettes in NJ looks interesting. Also Rick Daniel. They offer big savings, say $10,000 on a convertible. Are these dealers for real? Know any others that offer really good deals and who the buyer can trust?
Thanks, RD
On 6/15/08 12:25 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

RDavis wrote:

New? Look at the dealer posts in the Corvette Forum.
Used? Whole different ball game...
Venger
On 6/15/08 11:08 AM, in article Ofa5k.4127$L snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com,

Hi Venger, I'm thinking new. I bought the Trans Am Convertible I have now as a demo with 5,000 miles on it from a dealer and saved some money. No problems at all. I may do something like that again.
But my main thought right now is buying new from a dealer.
Thanks, RD

What part of the country? I've traveled to different states to get good deals. Go on eBay and search for new Chevy pickups and email the Chevy dealers advertising there. Pickups are slow right now and some hungry dealers are trying eBay. If they are hungry and they have a Vette.....
Al
Venger wrote:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f 8
I looked on cars.com out to 300 miles. I bought a fully loaded 2000 convertible 6 Spd with 9,000 miles on it for $34K in 2001. I flew down to pick it up and drove it home. Same car was going for 44-46 in DC area.

That begs the question if gas prices will affect new Corvette prices? I don't know but perhaps someone here does know. I won't be surprised if the answer is no but I hope the answer is yes for your sake.
old chevy guy wrote:

I think the impact is non-existent for Corvette except for some sell-off by folks who are hit by other budget factors (job, mortgage, etc.)
C3s that deliver mileage in the teens aren't driven enough to have an impact on anyone's pocketbook.
C4's, C5's and C6's are well into the 20s around town and get better on the highway. Buying gas isn't a factor.
-- pj
"Good Price" story from a few years ago:
Ad appeared in the paper for a Corvette: $1.00.
Guy answered the ad. Found a middle-aged widow showing the car. Callaway in pristine condition.
Lady said there was nothing wrong with the car. Guy asked why the price.
Widow was just carrying out the provisions in her late husband's will. The will said to sell the Corvette and give the receipts to his secretary. --------------- -------------
Got my 2008 month ago new at $7K below dealer invoice. Perfect transaction....Kerbeck - ask for Dave...tell him I sent you.
Go here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com /
VY Joel