How You Know Your C5 is OLD

Look at the pump icon on the fuel gage and notice which side the hose is attached. Mine shows the hose on the right but the gas cap in on the left in C5. I wonder when GM updated the
icon to show the correct locations of the gas cap?

Yep, the C6 is the same way, not a true indicator. I got that email some time back and found it an unreliable bit of trivia. So quit looking at the hose and look at which side of the gage the pump is on, just as good. I believe that it is an incorrect interpretation of the theory that it is the nozzle showing the location of the filler on the car. It may have nothing to do with the filler location as it would have to have a hose hanging down like a swinging dick for cars with a rear center filler. Do they make those any more, not the swinging dick but the center fill?
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/fuel-tank-filler-icon-secret.shtml

Interesting but most rental cars are correct. The only vehicle I have seen that is not correct is the Corvette.

Not sure how they can be correct when the attached site says it is not an indicator as to where the filler is located. Even those that have an arrow pointing to the filler location have the icon nozzle on the other side.
Post number 11 picture. http://forums.finalgear.com/questions-and-answers/fuel-filler-location-how-come-29075 /
Again post number 11 picture. http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/208377-pet-peeve-gas-filler-tubes-wrong-side.html
The Mustangs have had it in the center until this last model change, how would you mark that location?
My truck has the nozzle on the right side of the icon and the filler on the left and I rented one like it before I bought it, rental may not be a prerequisite for a "correct" icon.
Really don't see how it makes the C5 old for that matter. It all looks like someone thought it was actually a way to tell where the filler was on an automobile and it has nothing to do with it in reality, it's another internet email that is untrue.

Last time I looked at my C3 it was still a center fill. :)
-W