fuel gage

The fuel gauge on my 99 blazer is suddenly all erratic. It bounces from empty to full and anywhere in between in a flash. In addition it used to hold the level when the car was off, now it drops to 0. Every once in awhile, the low fuel light will flash.

I'm think bad sending unit (since both the light and the gauge are affected). But how do I diagnose this?

Related question: Where are the antislosh components located? in the guage or the sending unit?

Am I also correct in thinking I have to drop the gas tank to replace the sending unit?

Reply to
JMagerl