Paddle Shift on Z06

Is the auto with paddle shifter ever going to be on the Z06?

--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:03:08 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"
Never say never...BUT why?
Bob G.
Pretty unlikely THAT auto would be installed in the Z06. It would be a shame to cripple that engine so they could put in the pushbutton auto. Hard to say what a few years down the road could bring tho.
Steve Horrillo wrote:

Of course I meant say to include it as an option. I have a bad left leg so shifting is a real effort. There's others I'm sure who aren't up to clutching all day either. But my last manual was a '95 Dodge Viper. The Vette may be a whole different world.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:50:00 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"

===============UNFORTUNATELY .... I am getting to the same point...on some days I am already there....
I now own 5 Corvettes and drive a little Dodge Dakota every day...all of the vehicles are manuals except one of the Corvettes (a 79) The truck will be replaced by an automatic ...BUT to be honest I still have no desire to buy a Corvette with an automatic simply because I "think" ...but do not know...if I could REALLY enjoy driving one (and by driving I mean...HARD !
Bitch to get old...its to the point where if somethng on my body does not hurt I have not used it...
Bob G.

The Viper was ALOT more fun to *drive* but a pain to "commute" with. For a year and a half it was my only car so I had no options. Now my second car is a Saturn so IMO I still only have one car. :) Also being that my wife doesn't know or want to know how to shift I have to do all the driving so the paddle shift is an "unhappy medium.:)
IMO the automatic Vette is not much fun unless you drop it into lower gears. That's why I like the paddle shift option. But in practice will I use it?
The right solution would be to get out of condo living, buy a house and have several cars. I just hope I'll have the time to enjoy it. Boy it must be great to be born into big money! :)
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=

True that the manual shift forces you to have fun. Hmmmmm. Now you've got me thinking... :)
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=