Re: Europe Loves The Mustang

Page 3 of 9
the guvnor wrote:

You mean "Running AND all".
--
Chris F.
Long Island.
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 06:18:48 -0400, America the Beautiful

We Europeans run the world, note how you chubby Americans aspire to all thinks European...
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:14:43 GMT, the guvnor

Most I know shun all things European.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

Quality always costs more...
the guvnor wrote:

How would you know?
--
Chris F.
Long Island.

Because I'm a quality European surrounded by quality things, innit.
the guvnor wrote:

Sure - quality rusted auto parts, innit.
--
Chris F.
Long Island.

How could rusted ones be quality??
the guvnor wrote:

I don't know, but you said you are surrounded by european quality.
--
Chris F.
Long Island.

Quality European cars don't rust.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:07:14 GMT, the guvnor

And which ones would they be, the ones now owned by American Car Companies like GM, Ford & Chrysler?
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

This would be the Chrysler owned by Mercedes?
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:02:24 GMT, the guvnor

Yeah the one with it's World HQ's in Ny, NY.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

"The headquarters of DaimlerChrysler, which houses the Board of Management and the central CEO support staffs, is located in Stuttgart-Mhringen."
http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom/0,,0-5-8792-1-150944-1-0-0-0-0-0-91-7155-0-0-0-0-0-0-0,00.html
the guvnor wrote:

Or Jaguar, Aster Martin, and Land Rover owned by Ford?
--
Chris F.
Long Island.

Wasn't for quality reasons that's for sure. It isn't just the procurement price either, it is the on-going maintenance costs. Expensive as hell to keep most European high-end cars on the road while maintaining the regular maintenance schedule.
Anyhow if you wait around long enough the Japanese will rip-off any innovation you can come up with anyway, improve it and sell it cheaper.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

It's what they've done with any junk that the americans have ever come up with, that's for sure.
ZombyWoof wrote:

Guv lives in a dream world. It's not his fault though, dreams are all they've got left after we took their empire.
--
Chris F.
Long Island.
the guvnor wrote: