Re: Europe Loves The Mustang

Page 9 of 9
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:19:06 -0400, America the Beautiful

Government reports showing the U.S. current-account deficit widened to a record last quarter and foreigners purchased fewer U.S. assets than forecast in April also weighed on the currency.
``This was a very tough week for dollar bulls,'' said Michael Woolfolk, senior currency strategist at Bank of New York in New York.
``The $1.20-per-euro mark was within sight, but with weak reports, including the current-account deficit, it became impossible to support further gains.''
Against the euro, the U.S. currency fell 1.4 percent to $1.2286 at 5 p.m. yesterday in New York,
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid 000101&sid=a_MuwPkeQy00&refer=japan
Waiving the right to remain silent, the guvnor

Notice how gaygov can't address the point made.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:12:05 GMT, the guvnor

Currencies usually bounce all over the place based on all sorts of reasons both domestic & foreign.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

So why has yours stopped bouncing, and started free falling?
Waiving the right to remain silent, "Ralph Snart"

EuroPEONS like gaygov are rewriting history so fast, they're changing what happened last week already.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
If Europe " loves the Mustang " it's because it's cheap.
something wonderfully witty:

Cheap is relative to others in the class. Right now the Europeans don't really have anything to compete against it at its price point even with tariffs & VAT. Plus it is American muscle admired and lusted for since the very first version back in `64.
--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

Admired and lusted over for it's van style suspension?
Ever wondered why that despite being cheap and nasty, American cars still don't sell?
the guvnor wrote:

Somebody's buying them.....
"The only sports car that matters" http://www.btinternet.com/~a.s.greenfield /
http://www.mocgb.net/index.html
"American Adventure" http://www.mocgb.net/Photos/_AmericanAdventure05/index.html
http://www.ukviperclub.org /
--
Chris F.
Long Island.

Again, the gaygov is spanked and defeated by his own countrymen.
The lardass needs to get away from his rusted car hulk more often and see what's happening in engleland.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:02:51 -0400, America the Beautiful

Guvnor's favorite car cover....
http://img82.echo.cx/img82/9456/norespect1rk.jpg

Very nice. Love the yellow '67 hardtop. This show had quite a variety...a pair of '69 Mach 1's, a Saleen , several Fox body LX's, plus some newer SN95's. And I thought I caught a glimpse of a McLaren.
wrote something wonderfully witty:

Isn't an Opel a GM product?

--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

It's covered in bird shit and you can tell what kind of car that is??? HAHAHAHA!!
--
Would you buy rusted car parts from this man ?

http://img147.echo.cx/img147/7369/guvnor4pn.jpg
wrote something wonderfully witty:

Sure, look at it. It says it rather clearly. About the only place the birds haven't shat.

--
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

My best friend in HS had an Opal Manta - Yellow and black. Looked like an enormous bumble bee. Ugliest car on the road but stood out in the crowd. We got T-boned one summer when the other driver claimed he never saw us. Go figure. And yes, I think Opel is under the GM roof.
the guvnor wrote:

If it works, and works well like the new Mustang rear axle does, why would you care?

You can comfort yourself with that knowledge when a new Z06 leaves you in a cloud of tire smoke.

It isn't because of pushrod engines, maybe displacement, but not the pushrods. And it isn't the rear axles used.
Patrick '93 Cobra

Because there isn't Merkin GI's everywhere forcing people to buy them at gunpoint?
*Webzpider*
Homo AmericAnus : N onthinking R ectumsniffing A nthropoids

OMG! Webzpider has escaped from the asylum again. Say it isn't so!
Waiving the right to remain silent, "Joel Jacobs"
Webpisser's dole check arrived, so he can afford another week of inernet service.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!