Re: Europe Loves The Mustang

Just "running" is more truthful.

Reply to
Larry J.

Yah, Europe is doing so well that the Euopean Constitution passed by a landslide in France just last week.

Wait a minute - no it didn't!

Reply to
Ralph Snart

This from a Frenchman???

Reply to
the guvnor

What lie???

You laugh as your hapless collection of trailer-park states are left behind by the mighty EU?

Reply to
the guvnor

"Ken Ehrett" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Your ignorance of geography and business is truly astounding! You are truly as dumb as a post if you believe that! Better take a look at a map! Canada has a population of about 30 million people. Windsor, Ontario is the only sizeable Canadian border town and it has a population of only 304,430 people or 1% of Canada's population. Most Canadian border towns are indeed very small towns. Toronto, Ontario on the other hand has a population of 4.5 million people and is the largest city in Canada. Toronto is about 80 miles from the nearest U.S. border crossing. Montreal, Quebec is the second largest city in Canada with a population of about 2 million. Montreal is about 90 miles from the nearest U.S. border point. Ottawa, Ontario has a population of about 1.2 million and is 61 miles from the border. London, Ontario has a population of 331,000 and is 132 miles from the border. Vancouver, British Columbia has a population of about 600,000 people and is about 235 miles from the nearest U.S. border point. Victoria, British Columbia has a population of about 300,000 and is about 210 miles from the nearest U.S. border. Edmonton, Alberta has a population of about 800,000 people and is about 633 miles from the nearest U.S. border town. Calgary, Alberta had a population of about 1 million people and is about 455 miles from the nearest U.S. border point. Winnipeg, Manitoba has a population of just over 650,000 and is 69 miles from the U.S. border. From this handful of 9 random Canadian cities I have shown that 11.4 million people live well beyond 10 miles of the U.S. border. Do the math - that's about 38% of Canada's population in 9 cities and all beyond your 10 mile statement. I would hazard a guess that well less than 5% of Canada's population are within 10 miles of the U.S. border. Dumbass!!!

As to who they work for, I can only assure you that "most of them" do not "work for US owned companies." Outside of the auto manufacturers, Canada's largest employers are Federal and Provincial governments, Canadian Financial Institutions (which dwarf most U.S. financial institutions!) Canadian Insurance Institutions, Educational Institutions, Canadian owned and operated Utility Companies including numerous nuclear power generating stations, thousands upon thousands of independent business operators and manufacturers. My friend, I would like to humbly suggest that you are either a fool or an actor playing a fool!!!

Reply to
StingRay

"He" is actually a bipolar housewife from New Jersey -"he" has no life as such, and spends 24/7 making inane posts to usenet under various nyms. "He" is currently posting mainly as "Ken Ehrett" and "Sara Czepiel" with a few extra nyms thrown in. "Ken" in real life is a bipolar alcoholic. Hope this explains "his" bizarre behaviour.

Reply to
Kenshlock de la Fehrêtte

The last time I was in Orlando, 1/4 of them were there at Disney, Universal, etc. When I was in Fort La di da, I think I found another fourth. :-)

Then in April, they all go home.

When I worked in Plattsburgh about 20 years ago, I was amazed to find Montreal was so far away, because there must have been 5 Canadian cars for every US car in P'burgh. the locals told me that the Canadians come down, shop, eat, etc, and then drive home on a regular basis.

So I decided to drive to Montreal, since I did want to visit and it had to be close. Well, I drove and I drove and I drove across a vast nothingness until I hit the border. I pity those guys commute. Then I drove and I drove and I drove across another vast nothingness until I finally got to Montreal. I can't imagine people driving all that way on a regular basis to shop.

Of course, I think I found out why. Do you know how hard it is to order in a McDonald's in Montreal? :-)

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

We Europeans run the world, note how you chubby Americans aspire to all thinks European...

Reply to
the guvnor

You mean "Running AND all".

Reply to
America the Beautiful

Its so bad that a third world country like Italy told the Euro to take a walk because it was bringing their economy further down the tubes...

Reply to
America the Beautiful

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:29:27 -0400, "StingRay" wrote something wonderfully witty:

So most Canadians live within 100 miles or easy commuting distance of the US. BFD.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:14:43 GMT, the guvnor wrote something wonderfully witty:

Most I know shun all things European.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

LMAO! Tom, I found that out when my wife and I drove through Montreal with the kids on our way to the east coast. We didn't make the same mistake on the way back. We came back state-side through Bangor, Maine where we all spoke the same language!

Reply to
StingRay

Our mommas didn't raise no fools! We know who our biggest export market is. ;-)

Reply to
StingRay

Quality always costs more...

Reply to
the guvnor

CITE!!!

You're as deluded as "Ken"?

ship back the

And so many factories making so much...

Reply to
the guvnor

"Russia is the world's second largest oil producer, exceeded only by Saudi Arabia"

the guvnor

Government reports showing the U.S. current-account deficit widened to a record last quarter and foreigners purchased fewer U.S. assets than forecast in April also weighed on the currency.

``This was a very tough week for dollar bulls,'' said Michael Woolfolk, senior currency strategist at Bank of New York in New York.

``The $1.20-per-euro mark was within sight, but with weak reports, including the current-account deficit, it became impossible to support further gains.''

Against the euro, the U.S. currency fell 1.4 percent to $1.2286 at 5 p.m. yesterday in New York,

the guvnor

.......will it be Corvettes or Mustangs that become the new must have car for people who live in trailer parks?

the guvnor

See China's domination of world trade.

See America not even being able to win the Vietnam war.

Reply to
the guvnor