Replace Tice pressure sensors 2002 c5

Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each any help or alternative
Thank you in advance
Ev
$45 will buy them anywhere, get out of the Corvette stores. Try Rockauto good parts and good service, ACDelco number 25773946, $43.89, Dorman, same sensor $37.79. Their shipping cost is more than fair as todays prices go. <Ev> wrote in message <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>any help or alternative</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Thank you in advance</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ev</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> ------=
Thank you Dad its been a long time since we have spoke about 3 years! I hope this finds you and yours doing well. I could always count on you for great advise
Best Regards Evan 2002 Coupe Magnetic Red "Maggie"
$45 will buy them anywhere, get out of the Corvette stores. Try Rockauto good parts and good service, ACDelco number 25773946, $43.89, Dorman, same sensor $37.79. Their shipping cost is more than fair as todays prices go. <Ev> wrote in message <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>any help or alternative</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Thank you in advance</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ev</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=
You're welcome. This week I had to change the front wheel bearing (and seal) in my '72. Didn't want to wait for the shipping time for Rockauto so I got them at Autozone, $33.97, Rockauto for the same set was less $22, including shipping. The price of each bearing was $13.99 VS $4.90 for the A2 and A3 Timken bearing, I'll plan ahead better next time. <Ev> wrote in message <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>any help or alternative</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Thank you in advance</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ev</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML=

------=
On Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:15:18 PM UTC-4, Ev wrote:

Corvette Forum has an article on how to replace the battery in the transponder. Essentially you dig it out, solder in a new one, and fill the hole with epoxy. That will cost you $3 per wheel.
The hard part is that the tire needs to come off and be put back on. I don't have the equipment.
Bob, Charlottesville

break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you invest much time for an old versus new sensor.

break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you invest much time for an old versus new sensor.
I concur I have had friends just replace the battery only and got just a couple of years out of it doesn't seem worth it for the effort
Hey Dad just ordered 4 from Rock Auto online with shipping 178.62 compared to Chevy or Ecklers 339.16 I just save 160 dollars! Thanks Dad Well Done!!!!
Evan
Oh crap, I could have done better, they have 5% discount by using number 2233643020378942 in the "How did you hear about us" slot. Email them and give it a try, they are understanding.
<Ev> wrote in message

"Dad" wrote in message

Well, Rock Auto sponsors "Car Talk" and that should be recommendation enough for anybody.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)