Tire Pressure Sensors

My C5 left rear tire pressure sensor shows 27# with 32# in it. The right rear shows 32#. Both read 32# with tire gauge. What is the fix for this?

Reply to
Blue C5

Bob I

Good news. My 32# test was only front and rear left side. The right rear was 27# but reading 32#. I suspect that when the tires were put back on, they got the rear wheels backwards. I have the tech bulletin on how to reprogram the wheel ID's back into the DIC, but do not have "the tool" which appears to be a magnet that fits over the valve stem. This then closes a reed switch (normally closed with centrifugal force) and the ID is entered. You work around the car until all four are entered.

My choices are to: 1 - remember that the rear wheels are reversed or

2 do the reprogramming.

Question: They are all 32# now - any chance I can screw up the IDs with reprogramming myself?

Blue C5 Alex, VA

Reply to
Blue C5

If they switched rims they would both read wrong. Goodyear EMT tires are directional and can not, should not be run backward. You can use

2 magnets in the shape of a "V" set straddle the stem to start your programming sequence. They are $3 or $4 at Lowe's for a pair. I used a round magnet out of a transmission/deferential cover to reset the units on the C5 wheels. Pressure readings are not instantaneous and take a few minutes, miles, and speed to reset by themselves if the are in the proper location on your car.

You can tell if the rim is on the opposite side by the small stone damage on the face of the spokes.

Good news. My 32# test was only front and rear left side. The right rear was 27# but reading 32#. I suspect that when the tires were put back on, they got the rear wheels backwards. I have the tech bulletin on how to reprogram the wheel ID's back into the DIC, but do not have "the tool" which appears to be a magnet that fits over the valve stem. This then closes a reed switch (normally closed with centrifugal force) and the ID is entered. You work around the car until all four are entered.

My choices are to: 1 - remember that the rear wheels are reversed or

2 do the reprogramming.

Question: They are all 32# now - any chance I can screw up the IDs with reprogramming myself?

Blue C5 Alex, VA

Reply to
Dad

Dad, Thank you. When new tires were put on, they got the rims on the wrong side. I used a magnet out of a "hide a key" and by placing it on the rim right over where the valve stem is, I got the reed switch to close and the horn beeped "done." I worked my way around and now the right pressure is on the right tire. They did get the directions right when they changed tires. Bob

Reply to
Blue C5

Good news. My 32# test was only front and rear left side. The right rear was 27# but reading 32#. I suspect that when the tires were put back on, they got the rear wheels backwards. I have the tech bulletin on how to reprogram the wheel ID's back into the DIC, but do not have "the tool" which appears to be a magnet that fits over the valve stem. This then closes a reed switch (normally closed with

Can you post the Tech bulletin on how to do this please?

Reply to
ZÿRiX

A magnet is needed. one that is strong enough and its poles need to be

on both sides of the valve stem, by the wheels rim to just below the valve

(which is inside of wheel).

Press dic option button until display is blank.

Hold dic reset button for 3 sec.

Press dic options button again, till the TIRE TRAINING msg appears.

Press dic reset button till the LEARN L FRONT TIRE msg appears.

Put magnet tool on the left front valve.

The horn will sound indicating LF pressure sensor is programmed. repeat magnet

procedure on tires as follows:

goto RF

goto RR

goto LR

Done.

Sensor numbers

1997 - 2000 10438853 --- 25731358 nut and sensor?

2001 - 2002 25773946 new number

Sensor numbers 7-6-02

1997 - 2000 10438853 $119.00 ($67.83) 10268438 seal 2.17 (1.24) 10268439 NUT 2.17 (1.24)

2001-2004 sensor 25773946 49.00 (27.93)

Nut 25708165 4.09 (2.33)

Old prices but the numbers may help find a replacement if needed.

Reply to
Dad

As always Dad, Thank You...

Reply to