Starting Problem and Brake Switch

Have a couple of problems maybe releated. Service light came on about a month ago, had Autozone check the code and they said it P0719. The code translated to Torque Converter/Brake Switch B Circuit Low. The said my
brake switch was going out. They did not have it stock (nobody did) I have ordered it through the dealership, waiting for it to arrive. Second problem is that a few days ago I went to turn on the car, turned the key and it went all the way to on and just did one click. Turned key to off and back on and it started without a problem. This has more or less happened on the last 10 starts. It always starts fine on the second try. It never sounds like the battery is weak.
Hoping that the first problem is the switch and not something else. Wondering if anybody has any experience on swapping out the brake switch? Anybody think it might be a different problem?
Problem two, anybody have any ideas on it?
Thanks in advance for any ideas or input.
RP 96 LT1 98K Auto