Service Engine Light came on

I have a 1994 C1500 V6 with about 160,000 miles on it. It runs like a clock but my service engine light flicks on and off. Oil is ok.

I need to bring it to the shop but was hoping someone might be able to give a heads up to look for a certain problem.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
duckboy

scan it for codes and let us know what you find

until we get some data, all we can do is guess from a distance

I need to bring it to the shop but was hoping someone might be able to give a heads up to look for a certain problem.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Blinker fluid low?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

either that or a jammed Knuter valve

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Reply to
sidewinder

silly person !

everyone know that they went to the bushing-style muffler in 1992 !

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

silly person !

everyone know that they went to the bushing-style muffler in 1992 !

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Reply to
Buzz Lightyear

Yeah, but when you tighten that tranny belt you've gotta be sure and use a left-handed 5/8" wrench. A right-handed one doesn't fit past the Knuder valve.

Kyle

Reply to
KB

Your right , been so darn long that I forgot about that ! PS. I have for sale.... One left handed 5/8" wrench of the type that will fit past the knuder valve. twenty bucks. If interested , email me .

Reply to
Buzz Lightyear

I need to bring it to the shop but was hoping someone might be able to give a heads up to look for a certain problem.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Scribb Abell

I need to bring it to the shop but was hoping someone might be able to give a heads up to look for a certain problem.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Brian

If you had to guess and if you have not done any maintenance in forever, then there's a good chance that the O2 sensor/s are bad.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot