Switch Question

A friend just bought an 86 coupe. I'm trying to answer a question for him. On the lower left side of the instrument panel is a rocker switch. It's
below the light switches just above where the panel turns under. He's been unable to see any action taking place when he toggles it. Anyone have any ideas? He doesn't have an owners manual for the car and the Haynes manual doesn't show it either. Thanks for any help.
Rob 78 & 96 coupes (red of course)
fog/driving lights..
troy 88 35th anniversary

That switch is up next to the headlight switch. This is lower, just as the panel curves under.
Rob

Strictly guesses:
Aftermarket add-on? Automatic?--might be a switch to control the TCC. Some guys have put cooling fan override switches on C4s. Time to see where the wires go. PJ
Scubabix wrote:

At the risk of sounding dumb, is there any marking or acronym or symbology on or at the switch?
No markings at all. That leads me to think PJ might be right. I hadn't considered that at first. Thanks for the help guys. Rob

Go to http://www.helminc.com 1986 Corvette Owners manual 20 bucks Service Manual 88 bucks
Scubabix wrote:

That's what I told him too :)