Just bought a S60R

Hi,

I just bought a S60R 04 model in metallic black with dark blue interior.

Anyone go any comments for a new owner plusses and minuses?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Rayner

Hello Mark,

I have a 2004 S60R stick, bought new, silver with blue interior.Now have about 30K on it. What would you like to know?

Ed Wenger

Reply to
Ed Wenger

Typically, one would ask this *prior* to purchase, I would have thought... ;-)

K.

Reply to
K Bourke

Check out

dadolphson

Yes, one has done that obviously!

I am trying to fast track my knowledge from people who have owned them for a while. Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Rayner

Mark

Here is a short list of my likes and dislikes:

Economy - long trips can get near 30 mpg, very good; around town low twenties - still good, I try to not drive like a fool

Comfort - very much so, wife loves the seats, but not much rear leg room

Cannot read radio dial in sunlight or bright light - nuisance Large turning radius Rear vision not so hot

Problems:

Wheel alignment, feathered tires, still does but not as much as when I bought it. Factory tires do not last long at all. Alloys have no sidewall protection from tire, be very careful

Irritating knock when shifting torque directions, such as braking then starting off. Developed after 10K miles. After saw factory rep they glued the axles which solved problem for a year, now has returned again with service on it this Tuesday

Car is skittery over small ripples in road. There is a rear bushing replacement which is supposed to help but I did not see much difference

AC noise and wine - being worked on

Software suspension upgrade caused problem with headlight alignment, had to get a second patch to fix that

Several rattles which dealer fixed

Overall dealer very professional

Have not had any ETM issues but from discussions on Volvo list this car may be part of the software upgrade to prolong usable life

I plan on keeping the car a long time.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Wenger