what do you think

Had a 93 vert loved it, hated ride. Sold it years ago. Bought a 96 lt4 loved everything about it. sold it (stupid) to get a newer vette, but things happened and I could not get it. Both cars sold with about
20K for about 20K.
Just found a 01 convertible with 42K miles. This is twice what I had on my cars. Price is right I think, around $24, 000 what do you think. I really love this car and colors.
I had a 67 convertible - loved it and sold because of the insurance on someone under 25 in California. Regretted that for years. I got a 74 and later a 92 - always wanted the 67 back. I have a 2000 C5 convertible six-speed with all the options and have no desire to get my 67 back. Car is incredible. $24K is a great price for our area.
I bought my 2000 in 2002 for $37K but had to fly to BackWoods, USA to pick it up and bring it back. Same car was $45K in the DC area.
I would go to Edmunds.com and get the fair price for the car - I did that and saved $8K.
Bob 2000 C5

"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli

Bob,I bought it today. Also getting an altima hybrid or some cheap great economy car for every day. Man the price of gas

You hated the ride in the 92 but you did not minde the irde in the 96...? Did the 92 have the stiff Z51 Suspension ? just curious because if it did you better check what suspension the 01 has...
Gas Prices...? well nothing I can say will change them all I know is that my 98 6Sp (Z51) Convertible actually gets better gas milage then any of my other Corvettes or my truck which I drive daily ...overall gas millage over its 25,000 mile life is 24.7 mpg.. and it would be more if I could keep my right foot out if it a little more...!
. Bob G. 64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 09:28:40 -0400, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote:

same, 24/25 mpg. Yet on smaller vehicles with V-6 engines the gas MPG is worse. The absolute worse of the fleet is the 4.6 V-8 in my Wife's Lincoln Aviator, bitch (car not wife) is about 12/14 and required high octane to run right.
--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli

On my 2000 6 spd convertible, I have gotten as high as 34 mpg highway indicated on the DIC. Day to day with heavy foot etc. is 24/25 like everyone else. I drove a Prius with a light foot and was able to get 50 mpg indicated on their DIC. I can get 27 mpg on my wife's Seville Northstar - she has a heavy foot and the gas bills run high on that car.
"Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message wrote:

drive my car. Talk about car-wood.
--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli

On Apr 5, 9:28am, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote:

Hey I know you people have other cars. I have a cadillac, subaru, nisssan and an 85 celica. Check out my celica on craigslist. It is worth a look. This is not a pitch, I alreay have someone coming down to look. I just think it is kind of unique. https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=633017476&db=lv

Hello again Bob. I remember back when I complained about my 93 and was looking at a 96, you wrote back the ride should be about the same. I know you have had many cars. Heres the thing, the 93 vert had too much flex and the seats are very tight. I loved the ride in the 96 glass top (compared to the convertible) and I like the seats so much, I almost went back to find another LT4 instead of the c5. The glass top just gave me much more confidenct to drive hard. FYI, The 96 was a standard set up and the c5 is standard as well. Drove it. No cowel shake and stiff enough. Still a tourer. Gas mileage: Both the 93 and 96 got around 14 around town and as much as 28 on hwy. No complaints. I want a hybrid for day to day work vehicle as it just seems like a good thing to do. Thanks for your help