WHATS YOU BEST MOD!

Page 1 of 2
So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!

The water drain tubes in the corners of the hatch opening, at $8.95.
Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:

Thanks for the reminder Bob! Gotta get them ordered, getting close to painting my 84. Marty

That was years and years ago at Ecklers. price may be higher now.
Marty wrote:

$12.99 nowadays!

Factory-style side exhausts for my '67 - man I just love to roll the windows down and listen to that all-American music.
...Oh yeah, radial tires too.
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Replacing my underpowered L82 in my 74 coupe with a built ZZ4 and chrome hooker headers with sidepipes.

The best mod for money spent to me is tires and wheels..... And bigger than stock tires and wheels on rear and stock size on front. A carefully selected wheel and tire package can change the attitude and feel of a car.
Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

i sure want to belive it will be the procharger, if it ever gets here. Greg On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:48:55 -0400, "Tim & Cindy McDonald"

Going from stock to : Edelbrock Oval Port Alum Heads, with Edelbrock Dual Plane Air Gap Intake , with SpeedDemon 750 double pumper carb., big roller cam , and 'X' crossover exhaust pipe.... Has to be close to an additional 140 h.p gain.
On what year/model/engine? TF

I agree with another poster. Defeating the 1-4 skip-shift "feature."
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:

Mechanically, swapping the 4+3 on my 86 for the Richmond 6-speed tranny. Check it out:
http://www.areddy.net/vettetrans
Cosmetically, it's a toss up between paint:
http://www.areddy.net/vettepaint
and interior.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060702060401010702010800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I like the yellow larrybud!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:

For my C4-coupe the best bang for the buck was adding the frame crossbrace--pulled from a ragtop for $ 175 at a local junkyard. Then took the car to respected dealer and had the targa roof re-shimmed and fitted at $125 parts and labor. Improvement in handling, big reduction in "squeeking" sounds. I think that if the C4 gets a regular workout, the roof should be refitted every few years.
Paul H.
Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:

Rear wing...
http://img277.echo.cx/img277/5671/right3wh.jpg
http://img279.echo.cx/img279/3729/rear8qg.jpg

The wing looks good, Jon.

Dual cup holder for the C5 and Corsa Indy for sound

==============You know I never had thought about cup holders...
But honestly, as a coffee-olic I have to agree...
The sharks have plenty of aftermarket coffee cup holders... But I had to make one out of Walnut and Curly Maple to fit my 64 ...and I had to be real creative making one out of Cherry that is Off Set slightly to the right for my 6 speed 95.....now I can at least shift gears... OEM cup holders were are a complete waste ..except as a mounting point for a workable cup holder...
Bob Griffiths 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes