How do you like your 2012 Hyundai Accent ???

Did you get the 6 speed Auto trans ??? Seriously considering one. I test drove one and the acceleration with the new direct injected Engine is incredible. Hope new owners can give their opinion . Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Incredible compared to what?

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Incredible compared to other 1.8 litre engines in a sub compact car. Incredible handling and quietness too. The 2012 Accent is a totally re-engineered car versus 2011 and prior and so far, i find it the best buy for the money. Have you found something better for $15 k MSRP ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

Doubt you will Same as the price range for the Elantra and Sonata. When I bought my first Sonata, it had features comparable to cars costing $10,000 more.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I would never purchase one since its unlikely it would last more than a couple of years without having major engine and trans damage. Its tempting to rent one though to see how the accel and noise compare to other cars.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

"Paul in Houston TX" wrote

what is your basis for this?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I left out the word "me" in my previous post. I don't think a small car would last me long. Its how I drive, Houston traffic, and Texas temperatures. A/C takes a lot of power out of a small 4 with the result that it ends up underpowered. Makes it hard to keep up with traffic and leads to flooring the pedal and down shifting a lot to keep the revs up. Several of my 4 cylinder cars ended up with thrown rods or wiped auto trans.

Still, I prefer Hyundia / Kia over almost any other brand. They are easy to work on and ergonomic. My Kia 2.0 has been a good car so far although it is very noisy and I wear ear plugs for trips over 50 miles.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The 2012 Hyundai Accent has been changed to accomodate the highway driver much more...a 6 speed auto. trans with direct injected engine allows it to go 70 mph with little effort and with the a/c on., per my personal test drive of it. The acceleration would satisfy all but the lead foot Guy whos got to go from zero to 60 mph in under 7 seconds. It squashes all previous stigmas on subcompact cars that are gutless . If i did buy a new one, I would however, swap out the tires for wider ones ...just for my own personal preference for greater stability although the factory tires handle good.

Reply to
ilbebauck

That makes sense. Accent is too small for me, but I'd consider an Elantra. That said, I'm not giving up my V-6 Sonata any time soon. Great acceleration.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowskio

Im 6'4" and 275 lbs....with the seat moved all the way back in the

2012 Accent, i had loads of spare room with my legs totally stretched out. Head room is no problem either. I felt just as comfy in it as my 2002 SantaFe . Storage might be an issue with many people though which would make the Elantra a bit more favorable. But for my basic needs in a car, the new Accent fits my bill nicely .
Reply to
ilbebauck

KWW