whats your plans for today?

Ok i'm bored, but what are all my UKRCM chums up to today?

today i'll be

having a quick shower, watching the old firm game at 12

then it takes two paths

if rangers win

celebrate hug the goldfish finish off the diy in the bathroom and then go out somewhere with wife tonight

If Celtic win

cry kick a few things set fire to neighbours car sit on the web and post to newsgroups all night

Reply to
Rob

Gonna finish writing this case study whilst watching snowboarding, then I'm gonna write a presentation, then roast dinner apparently, then i'll drive back to Lincoln, then I might just go to the pub.

Reply to
DanTXD

Bit wet here today, so it's probably a good job I did all my car related stuff last weekend.

So.... it looks like a bit of a domestic day - I need to sort out my pan cupboard and clean it out, same with the fridge.

After that I'll write up my business plan for my shop in Neath and sort out my phone with all my appointments for the next few months.

Finally, a full roast dinner will need cooking.

Reply to
SteveH

Looking out the back window wishing the rain to go off - I have a garage base to prepare.

Got to build the garage before I can have another locost. Already started gathering bits and the shed and the boot of the Audi can't take much more.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Just watched Team America with some mates that stayed over last night. Was gonna go play with my Nitro car, but its raining. Boooooo. Gonna try and persaude a few more mates to come over later to try and lift the engine out the back of the Ovlov. Then maybe go down the pub for a quiz.

Then I have a week off work to look forward too. Woo hoo

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Fuck all. CBA. It is a really miserable pissing wet day, feeling really shit. maybe watch film. Don't have a clue what yet. Don't suppose it really matters.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Went into town with wifey and had some lunch. Then we went to the beach. Yaaayy Perth. Then we had some friends over and watched a film. Right now talking shit on usenet.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Took some photos wiv me new Nikon D200 and 18/200 VR zoom. Indoor "studio" model shots.

Reply to
Burgerman

Took kids to big play thing in Hull. Realised I hadn't fixed the rough running problem I've been having so went carb hunting on Fleabay.

Reply to
Conor

Been removing my old dash and preparing the new one, lots of drilling, filing and sanding, then wiring up the new switches etc...

I 'ate wiring. But on the plus side the Savage "engine start" switch looks cool ;)

Might dig me camera out and take a pic later.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Ah, that's why the people in the car-bits shop were distracted when I was buying some polish.

I remain, as ever, completely unaware of major sporting events. Having seen the way the locals fight about a game they didn't take part in, didn't travel to watch, and has religions connections so far removed for their actual daily lives which they seem determined to use only for the purpose of starting a fight, I have no intention of becoming aware ;)

I went to the Zoo, taking the RX out for a nice run down the A7. Managed to impress everyone by getting the Pallas cat to come out and up to the glass, when even the Zoo photographer has never been able to get it to come out long enough to get a decent picture of it apparently.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Buy insurance. Buy bloody huge shutters. Buy shotgun for staff. Hope no-one ram-raids the bloody place anyway.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Lol.

I said Neath, not Merthyr.

Reply to
SteveH

Jealousy/ You utter Bastard. /jealousy

Just got myself a Canon 350D, with EFs 17-85. Should tide me over for a couple of years.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

We've got a D200 kicking around somewhere at the moment. I'm still waiting for a new Sigma. I could use practically any other camera, but I rather like my SD10.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Kicking around!

I had to order mine (and the 18 / 200 VR) from hong kong on UPS just to get one! They are like rocking horse shit here in the uk!

Reply to
Burgerman

Had it since a couple of weeks back, couldn't get the lens I wanted to test in the right fitment though so we had to drag the 300D out for that.

Quite looking forward to Focus - I'm hoping to try and organise a Hasselblad H2 for a while. Bit OTT but I love medium format - usually I shoot film on a pair of Fujica rangefinders when I'm not doing digital.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Well thats a good cam too! But I have already got nikon lenses. And I just fancied the new one. How did you get one so early?

Never used film for 5 years now. Lots of wasted cameras about!

Reply to
Burgerman

Tendency to screw up exposure by a couple of stops, but yeah, not bad.

Kinda my job ;)

I like film. Black and white is undergoing something of a comeback, as a hobby/fine art medium - lots of firms are reporting renewed interest. However, at last count I reckon there must be about 70 unused cameras kicking around the office, though some are collector's items - I have a

60th anniversary Contax T2, gold-plated, and an original Minolta Weathermatic, and elsewhere there are all sorts of odd things.

Worst thing about digitial is keeping the files. I'm currently testing a

1.25Tb RAID drive unit for backups/stability, but nothing is quite as good as well-stored film. Yet.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Well I use 3x 100Gb laptop removable (usb) hard disks. Very convinient for transport, storage, or backups. They are powered directly from the USB socket.

These are only 9mm thick, 2.5 inches wide

And they fit very neatly into these
Mine are purple!

Reply to
Burgerman