Z06 Color Choices. White guilt?

Page 1 of 2
Why is the Z06 not offered in white? IMO it's the best looking choice for the C6 body style. With the new lights the lighter colors look so much better. IMO black looked best on the C5 but is so been hard to keep looking
clean and gets really hot in the summer time here in South Florida, I'm ready for a change anyway. If I want the Z06 in a light color I'm forced to drive a banana. Is it a good idea to get a custom paint job to make it white?
--
All the best,

Steve
http://stephenhorrillo.com
IMHO + $0.02 (not biblical truth, mind you...)
- White seems to depreciate faster - White is not a racy enough color for a sports car - White cars are harder to sell - Scratches or chips on white look 10 times more horrible than on other cars. - White shows dirt faster than black.
:-) ETar ('77 Stingray) www.eslurf.com/corvette

You mean like when it was introduced and most of the next year?

Such as the Mustang GT350, Lambroghini Countach, and those silly BMWs of the 70's.

News to me but have no proof either way.

You need to have a black car for longer than you have, but showing rust is a diffrent story.

You need to have a few black cars for awhile, it is just the opposite.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020809080009030001040908 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Agreed......... I get many many complements on my white Vette. Looks very nice on the body style. And MUCH easier to care for, appears cleaner even when dirty.
AND after 12 years it still shines like new, living in the Tropical Florida Sun! Every other color car I've owned, or buddies owned, you get like 5 years MAX out of the paint in the tropical sun. even when meticulously cared for. Except for yellow on my '32 Ford. It weathered very well also.
Now if you start adding graphics and stuff white doesn't look as well, you need to have a clean no muss no fuss body lines to make white work.
I will specifically look for white when this one is replaced.
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

=================================== At least you note that your comments are not biblical truth...neither are mine...
BUT I do agree that white C5 & C6's are harder to sell..thus the have to depreciate a little faster.. IMHO White just does not show the curves all that well on C5 & 6's...
And to be honest I think that chips are much harder to see on a white car then bLack...you should see all the little white specks on the hood of my BLACK 95...Scratches I really do not know much about..
And I hate to tell you but my white Vette looks cleaner form 2 feet away then my Black vette does at 100 feet..It does NOT show dirt..only the Saddle Tan one is better at hiding dirt...BLACK shows dirt within a minute after its washed...NO NOT PARK a Black Corvette outside when there is pollen in the trees ..
I currently have Red..White..Blue..Saddle Tan.. and Black Corvettes in my garage...and am looking for a used C5 Z06 or FRC in any color BUT BLACK...
I have had it! Sick and damn tired trying to keep my BlACK Vette even looking CLEAN... Looks fantastic when it is however.
Bob G. 64 & 72 Ragtops 76 79 & 95 Coupes...

Back when I started to drive all cars were black. First car 1929 Dodge black 4 door, second car Chevy 1951 black 4 door, first new car 1957 Corvette black (Sept. 1956), when we got to the sixties and seventies all hell broke loose on color.

I agree a 100 %, and my standing order for the Z06 is black with red interior.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

One last statement, the first C5 I drove was white. I got the black because the ass looked to big white, the black hid its size better. Of course you've seen my black C3 which will be with me when I die, or until it gets me a Lambo.
;>) ;>) ;>) ;>)
Dad
Dad wrote:

All cars washed and put away, Olympics time.
First off, last liar always wins.
Hmmm, same old-age distorted vision. I agree on the fatass look in white. I get the same feel for C5 in non-metalic red or when the car is not reflecting light well -- road film, bad paint etc.
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

I'm also sick of keeping my black car clean. And in Florida it gets real hot. If I did decide to paint it peal white, would there be a particular color that would make it easier for the painter? Would it matter?
--
All the best,

Steve

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010303090005050201080001 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I wouldn't go with Pearl for any reason.... Pearl paint looks dull to me. Plus I don't think it would work with a sports cars like a Vette.
Now if you were doing a Lexus for GrandMa... maybe :-)
Steve Horrillo wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

What do you think a good light custom color choice for a C6 would be? Pearl gold?
--
All the best,

Steve
http://stephenhorrillo.com
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070306000709090401070609 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Pearl in itself is a dull color. Go visit a Lexus or Cadillac dealer and look at the Pearls and you will see what I mean. Just not a good look for a sports car. IMO
The unusual colors are kinda out of Fad right now, the street rod industry and done them to death, dug them up and killed them again. :-) It seems Primary Colors are making a come back for a clean unfussy look.
But the bottom line is what looks good to you. I'd get on the "Internets" (hehehe) and look at others cars & Vettes and see if anything jumps out at you.
Steve Horrillo wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

What idiot buys a car for its resale value?
John
But what idiot isn't concerned about it unless you are either going to keep it forever of figure you'll give it away free after you're tired of it?

I had a white 93 roadster w/red guts. I bought it because of the low miles (7700) when 7 yrs. old, even though this was way down my list of favorite colors.
It grew on me after a few months, and when I sold it I had no problems because of the color.
Even today, I'd prefer blue, silver, black, but wouldn't mind a white one. As far as parking in the sun in Phoenix, I'd be more concerned about a black leather interior than the exterior color,
--
Angelo

Same here - 70 mile round trip commute in Phoenix - white C5 coupe was my only choice. Aside from heat issues - "everyone" in Phoenix has a white vehicle (well maybe 50% do). So a white vehicle blends in just a bit, and helps avoid speeding tickets.

Yes...not an insignificant factor! Bought an 85 Fiero (first year for the 5-speed V-6, and I couldn't resist it, even though I'm not a red-car-guy). First week, driving in mid-pack, all doing about 10+the limit, cop stepped into the roadway and pulled over me and one other guy--out of a total of a dozen or more he had to choose from. Both red cars. I'm betting Millenium Yellow earns a lot of lawn forcement attention, too.
BTW: I only got one speeding ticket in the white Vette, although I deserved plenty more.
--
Angelo