Is white really the fastest color?

There seems to be a running joke but I don't know what it's referring to.

Reply to
Carbon

You have to refer to what it is fastest at.

White is the fastest moving color because of the photon factor, Leon has proven this scientifically. Black is the fastest at showing dirt, and red is by far the fastest one to be called common, at least with the earlier models.

The only problem with white is that it is a damned ugly color on a miata, especially when you add things like BBS wheels and chrome fuel lids. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

pws wrote in news:1YVyg.15631$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

This from a guy who's taste is such that he owns the entire Lawrence Welk collection on CD and plays it incessantly, interrupted only by an occasional Barry Manilow number.... ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

We're gonna have to expand Pat's musical horizons. Let's send him some Mantovani. Maybe some Yanni, too.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

You almost nailed it, but you left out my all-time favorite singer, Michael Bolton. Riding along in the miata with "When a Man Loves A Woman" playing at full volume is pure bliss.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I don't even know who Mantovani is, but if you are dissing Yanni, then we have a problem.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Let's see now, "Yanni". Isn't that what you do when you are "Sleeepy" ?

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

No Bruce,

Yanni is what makes you sleepy, kind of like I am after only 4 1/2 hours last night.

Sorry to any Yanni fans, not that I may have offended you, just sorry that you are a Yanni fan. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

After repeated tests, I find that Red is by fast the quickest, speediest, yes the fastest color currently known to Miata owners.

I'm sure you all will agree

Rick Morris Red 2001

Reply to
Rick Morris

...and I always pegged you as a Bee Gee's kind of man...

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

Absolutely. I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

They were just before my time.

Think really big hair, too much makeup and the way too much spandex wearing heavy metal bands of the 80's. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

"Iva" wrote

Our experience is that Margie's red 1.6 automatic is much much slower than my black 1.8 stick. That red paint just slows her down.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Ahumm ,

The fastest color is British Racing Green. The color is direct imported out of the racetrack. Have you ever heard of colors "racing snowy white" , Indian Racing Red ? at least i not. The 91-BRG serie , where limited , for human safety, only skilled pilot wil survieve.

TM

PS I have nothing agains other collors..

"Carbon" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.verizon.net...

Reply to
dingo

Oh! So you were (are) a Cinderella groupie...

That explains a lot! ;-)

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

Reply to
L Bader

"Why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?

-No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks!

cds

Reply to
bd_juju

I knew that there had to be another "Office Space" fan out there! It is one of my top ten favorite comedy movies, maybe even in the top ten overall. I even won a red Swingline stapler at a special screening a few years back.

Samir to fellow Initech programmer Michael Bolton: "There is nothing wrong with the name Michael Bolton".

Michael Bolton: "There WAS nothing wrong with that name, until about the time I turned 12 and that no-talent ass clown started winning grammys".

Pat (knows a 40-something year old Clint Eastwood, at least that celebrity is cool)

Reply to
pws

I think it's generally accepted that cops are more likely to stop a red or yellow car for speeding than they are for other colors, including white. So, if you get stopped by a cop, red is a really slooooow color.

David P.

Reply to
David P.

RED, you mean like, "Arestmered" :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

That is not quite accurate. If a red and a white Miata are going at the same speed, the cop is indeed going to stop the red one. One sees her reasoning: "Do we really want someone who would buy a red Miata go that fast?"

Unfortunately, since the white Miatas are faster and quicker to get there, it is not immediately clear that a white Miata has less chance of being ticketed.

More objective research is clearly indicated.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen