1998 Dodge Caravan

My dodge starts when it wants to . The problem is in the morning when I try to start it, if the gauges don't work it will only start and run untill
I let go of the key, then it dies. After trying this several times it goes dead the starter will not engauge. After it sits for a day or three it starts and runs find. Its been back to the dealer they don't know how to fix the problem, its still got it.
"Bruce H via CarKB.com" wrote: > My dodge starts when it wants to . > The problem is in the morning when I try to start it, > if the gauges don't work it will only start and run untill > I let go of the key, then it dies. After trying this several > times it goes dead the starter will not engauge. > After it sits for a day or three it starts and runs find. > Its been back to the dealer they don't know how to fix the > problem, its still got it.
I would suspect a faulty or dirty ignition switch, bad wiring or bad connections on the wire running from the the run position of the ignition switch.
"" wrote: > My dodge starts when it wants to . > The problem is in the morning when I try to start it, > if the gauges don't work it will only start and run untill > I let go of the key, then it dies. After trying this several > times it goes dead the starter will not engauge. > After it sits for a day or three it starts and runs find. > Its been back to the dealer they don't know how to fix the > problem, its still got it.
Did you find a solution? My parents 97 van is having the same problem and I was wondering if you have any suggestions for us. Thanks.