1999 caravan - No cruise control, horn, or airbag

Recently the cruise control and horn stopped working on my 1999 Caravan. Also, the airbag light came on. All three of these things are through the steering wheel, but I can't find any loose connections, and the fuses seem good. I even remove the steering wheel pad/controls and everything looks right. Any ideas what could cause this? Where should I look next?

Thanks

Reply to
kevx

Never mind! I did a search and found that it is the "Clockspring" causing the problem. It's an item that connects the electronics between the column and the wheel assembly. You have to be careful when replacing it because you could easily set off the airbag if you don't disconnect the battery and discharge everything. Looks like it costs about $75 online. Thanks anyway for the help I know i would have gotten here.

Reply to
kevx

You didn't do much of a research if that is the only info you got. Your vehicle has a lifetime warranty on the clockspring, If it is bad the dealer will replace it free of charge.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower