95 Intrepid slow transmission problem, plz help

I have a 1995 Chrysler Intrepid.
Its great when it gets going but, in the mornings when its cold, it has trouble.
I put it in drive and it doesnt want to go... but i give it a few seconds
and then hit the gas and its drives normally. This is getting very annoying.
Do i need a new transmission? I just had the transmission fluid and filter changed and the problem still continues.
please help.
Winnipegger

happens when cold, that's another symptom of low fluid. Have you checked the fluid level since it was changed? If the fluid level is good, chances are you will need transmission work. Did you have this problem before the fluid change? If so, then it's probably the tranny.
Dan
I had the garage recently check the transmission fluid and its perfect.
The problem started about 2 months ago and has continued after the transmission fluid change.
I used to have an Acura Legend and there was a silinoid on the transmission that was out of wack, is there a similar silinoid on this transmission that i can check?
thanks

FYI. I don't know if you have ever changed your oil and filter before this but I believe that if the oil smells good and is a good colour, that you shouldn't even touch it. If it is good, the oil has become thicker and contains micro size pieces of your tranny that help it take up the gaps that had been created due to wear and tear. This is a good thing. Now, you just replaced the oil and filter and the oil doesn't contain any of these particles anymore to fill in the gaps and the oil is much thicker than it was. Just a helpful hint.
Steve
FYI the gaps I am referring to are in the clutch packs.