Stratus '95 Transmission Problem

My sons's Stratus '95 has the problem that the transmisison got into limp mode (also at hight speed, very dangerous). Dealer did the following: changed the transmission control computer, placed a rebuild transmission (rebuild by Chrysler), checked the wiring (he sais OK) and filled the transmission with ATF-3. Problem is still persisting. Any help or suggestions?

Magiel Venema

Reply to
Magiel Venema

It would help if we knew which codes are setting in the TCM. It's possible that the harness is intermittently bad, which makes it hard to find a fault. The codes could help to indicate which wire (circuit) might be the culprit. I suppose it's also possible that the Transmission Control Module itself is loosing power intermittently. This could be indicated by a code 12 (Battery Was Disconnected).

Reply to
SN