HELP plz '95 Cirrus stumbling on acceleration

'95 Cirrus (2.5L) 74K miles

On an intermittent basis only, but seemingly more frequent, my Cirrus "stumbles" or feels like it's about to stall when I attempt to accelerate from a stopped position (stop light, stop sign, etc.) After one or two seconds, it appears to "kick in" and then drives just fine.

On this basis, I don't see this as a distributor issue, nor a crankshaft sensor issue (just had this replaced last week.)

I really need input on this one. That it's intermittent isn't going to save me any money at the shop, so I'm relying on all of you. Thx!

Reply to
Ty Young

Turns out that the coil (which is incorporated into the design of the distributor) was going out, which explains why the vehicle got progressively worse the longer I'd drive it (the more it heats up, the worse it gets.) When the dealership replaced the distributor assembly (including coil and camshaft sensor, for $819 ?!) all of the problems I reported below went away.

-ty

Reply to
Ty Young