97 3.0L The timing jumps

Caravan 97 w/3.0 The timing jumps up and down at idle as viewed with timing light or Autotap scan tool. Ignition is composed of Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor and PCM. Any guess on what the issue is (if any). Has anyone
else observed the timing at idle and is it steady ~12 deg BTDC?? Seems to run OK but doesn't seem right to me.

it!!! The proper way to check/adjust the timing is to disconnect the coolant temperature sensor.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

is TIGHT on the crank. I have seen timing variation due to a loose belt - and I have seen the damper come off -----.

a little earlier versions - like 1988 (Pre OBD2)
<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

Until you disconnect the coolant temp sensor it will jump around!!!
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thanks, I'd noted it is consistent w/ coolant sensor disconnected but thought maybe the computer was acting odd Since I've only seen this one I didn't have anything to compare it with. bob