AC Expansion Valve

The AC in my '98 Dodge Stratus is not working right. The outlet temperature seems to vary while driving. Sometimes when stopped the air temperature will get warmer, other times it seems okay. I have also
noticed this while driving, but the temperature swing doesn't seem to be as great. With the engine at a fast idle the low side pressure varies from 30 to 40 PSI, at curb idle it climbs to 50-55 PSI. High side pressure at ambient temp indicates the system is fully charged. I'm thinking the expansion valve is faulty. If you have experience with auto AC systems I'd like to hear your thoughts.
TIA! Gyz
Recover. weight and recharge.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
As far as I know, newer cars donot have expansion valves.
it mightbe a vacuum problem oalso. if the air ducks are control by vacuum, when you idle or at high rpms you might open or close some doors that you shoudl do othervsie.
I suggest you feel the low side hose to see if it is cold. If it is cold, it means yoru system works fine but your air ducks act up.
My car usually blows ait to windshiled under load even it blows somewhere else at idle.

In article
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

They most certainly do.