air bag light comes on-01 GC

I have a 01 Grand Caravan. Today the air bag light started flashing on right turns.
What is going on here? thanks

My guess would be a faulty clock spring, does the horn/cruise control work when the lite turns on? And you would have to read the code(s) with a scan tool to be able to tell what code is set. That would be done thru the Air bag module.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

The horn works fine with it on. It only stays on for 20 seconds and then goes off again. Is this anything urgent, like where the bag will suddenly pop out for no reason, or can it wait?

work
scan
You have no idea what the fault code is so no one can answer that question. I will say this, the air bag could prematurely deploy or not deploy at all if the vehicle is in an accident.
Glenn

Had it in today. They said it was a spring in the steering wheel. Cost $200 to fix. Does this make sense?

work
scan
That is what I figured the problem was, the clock spring.
Glenn

Is this user replaceable?
Doug B.