Automatic temperature control 95 intrepid

My heater a/c controls will not work all the time. Start my car and they do not light up. But you can hear the blend doors moving and the blower motor turns to high speed with heat on full. It may stay this way for a
week then I start the car and controls are working again. Or I may start my car and the controls are working and then they shut off with the blower going to high speed and throwing heat again. This is not a big problem with winter coming but having some control would be nice. Glenn if you read this it started happening before the deer.

fault codes in the BCM or climate control system. If I were to guess I would say the ATC control head. High dollar part!! Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Glenn are you talking about the Heater control head in the dash or the module under the glove compartment? I will check the codes when the !?#$& thing comes back on again. You have already saved me big bucks on the PCM that 2 mechanics told me needed replaced. Although I now have a used PCM and TCM for $100 which may come in handy someday. Again thanks Rick
Yes the control head, but dont just go out and buy one!! You will not be able to check those codes by cycling the key on and off, it will have to be read by a scan tool. and you dont have to wait untill it happens again, if there is a fault, it is stored in the memory now
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Glenn you can actually check the codes on the head by pressing and holding three of the top four buttons (not the a/c button) and any codes stored will show up. Did it this morning at work when it popped up but no pen or paper and had blinked out again before I got home. so I took the HAYNES manual and a pen and left them in the car NEXT TIME

the BCM
Glenn an update the car is running fine so other than the original surge problem it is ok. As for the ATC head I checked the codes through the button system (yeah I know go have it scanned properly) It came up code 36 "Head communication failure" stopped working again and while it was out, popped it out of the dash just touched the plug in relay (like a flasher plug) and it worked. Noticed it was seated crooked and pushed it straight working fine. I was talking to friend of mine who has a 94 intrepid 3.5 who has just had the same thing happen with hers. So I assume it is a connectivity problem with the relay. I will give you an update in a few weeks Thanks again Rick

Well good luck, but if I was a betting guy. I would say the Control head is bad
Well Glenn I am with you, although still working I would say it was too easy !! Let you know in a couple of weeks Rick