Temperature Control Knob

I have a 2000 9-3 Convertible here in the U.S. and the back of the plastic knob that adjust the temperature snapped while turning the knob with my hand. This is the knob that points from blue to cool to red for warm. I have tried several junk yards in the area with no luck (though one wanted to sell me the whole unit for $175). Am I stuck with a dealer for this or do I have other options?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Murphy

did u try ebay? and if u can thn just super gluwe it

Reply to
es

I Have a 99 9-3 here in the UK and had a similar problem - the knob was the lead-up to a more serious problem which apparently is very common on this model. My Saab dealer did a modification to the heater unit and cleaned it. With age the unit starts to get stiff which leads to breaking knobs and linkages (apparently these are only plastic as well). The modification frees everything up a bit so less tendency for everything to break. It certainly made a big difference to mine. Cost me around 30GBP which included replacing broken linkages, both knobs, making the modification and cleaning.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Reply to
IanS