check engine

Hey how's everyone doni'? I bought an OBD2 detec tor for my 1998 2.4L 16-vavle automatic Dodge Stratus since it has the "check engine" light
on. I plugged in the device today and obtained the code P0401. What does that mean? Where do I have to look to fix this problem? Any help would really be appreciated

PO code means power train. PO401 is low EGR flow. You most likely have a defective EGR valve. Could also be a bad hose or valve, but it WILL be EGR related. Don't know about the Stratus, but Neons have a problem with the diaphragm rupturing, making the EGR valve sluggish.