check engine

Hey how's everyone doni'? I bought an OBD2 detec tor for my 1998 2.4L

16-vavle automatic Dodge Stratus since it has the "check engine" light on. I plugged in the device today and obtained the code P0401. What does that mean? Where do I have to look to fix this problem? Any help would really be appreciated
Reply to
Julian87

Look here:

Dan C

P401 usually points to something in the Emissions circuits, EGR, low vacuum, bad O2 Sensor, etc.

The P codes are standard. Like the Ubuntu hater said, Google will lead you to a reolution...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Try that site, it is nice to know the codes but it would be nicer to know what to do with those codes, nothing is ever easy.

Reply to
tlc1196