Employee Discount Program appears for real

I went on the Dodge.com website and it shows Dodge is offering the Employee Discount Program. It appears to be about a 6-8% discount. Also, on some models there are rebates. With this Employee
discount offered, will this mean the deepest discounts yet this year on Dodge models, or is this clever marketing and the savings will be no better than before??
give me a link please

Employee
Employee
never mind............its right in front on the main page.

than
According to a article I read (Sunday's Washington Post, I believe), GM's employee discount program was actually less generous than the previous rebate and incentive programs they had instituted previously. The article gave the discount numbers of the various programs. Apparently people actually did better by several hundred dollars with the previous incentive program. But, as marketing cleverness would have it, it sounded *really really* good to most people (even if it wasn't particularly good in comparison), so people came a flocking like the Lemmings they are! Oh, wait, Lemmings can't fly! Well chalk up another victory to the marketing people. As the Op's handle should point out..a "snow" job, for sure!

So I take it the employee discount was a joke before it was offered to everybody? That is, if you were a GM employee and (for some odd reason) wanted to buy a GM piece of crap, it was cheaper NOT to use the employee discount? -Dave

So it would seem...if you believe the Washington Post.

Once upon a time I worked at a large corporation that made consumer products. (not an automaker) There would be various employee discount programs from time to time. Each one was higher than the best street prices.
I called it the employee surcharge program.
Ted

And in the case of the Employee Discount program, there is no dickering from the price (so I've heard, anyway). So it's actually IS a worse deal than before...for the customer. Genius for the marketing folks!
James C. Reeves wrote:

And then the robber baron dealers go and jack the price of the undercoating that you don't want, the Protection Package that you don't want, the Additional Dealer Markup that you REALLY don't want...
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:26:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote:

Sounds like the company I work for presently. We have temps coming in thinking we get a MAJOR cut in price for the garbage we and other sections of the multi-corp make...You'd laugh to see their faces when we say "Better to hit Circuit City" or "Best Buy" for a good deal.