gbpackerbacker

That's why I tear my hair out working on Computers (out of the frying pan, into the fire) I still fix my own , and I've got two doozies - a V6 Mystique and a '94 TransSport 3.8. Both just about as miserable as a '61 Austin 850 (my first car)with even less room to work.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I have a 1996 Dodge Stratus Es and face the same problem. The power steering pump broke and the hose is leaking, although very little. The dealer informed me about a repair cost in the range of $ 400 for the pump and $ 500 for the line, also we don?t know if the rack is still working o.k. We can?t test it right now. Are you getting yours fixed? Shoul I go ahead and risk to have the rack replaced afterwords? It would cost me another $1400. List prize for the car is only around $ 1500. What?s your advice?

"gbpackerbacker" wrote: > I have a 95 stratus that developed a leak in the hose. . . the > dealer > tells me they have to drop the engine to change the hose, and > with the > part, will cost me about $500. This doesn't seem that it > should be > that hard of a job. I'm not very handy at all when it comes to > this > stuf, but also dont' want to get "taken" by the dealer either. > Can > someone shed some light on this procedure?

Reply to
petlover

Does the horn still work? Jack the horn up and put a new car under it - as we used to say at one garage where I used to work. It's a pitty to scrap something with life left in it, but unless the rest of the car is in great shape, it's hard to justify spending the value of the car on just steering repairs. Different situation if you can fix it yourself, perhaps. I generally spend more time on my cars than they are worth before replacing them, but I generally have more time than money.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca