Power steering fluid 95 Subaru

I have a 95 legacy outback. It says ATF Dexron. They have III and IV does it matter which one to use? Thanks.

III replaced II. My guess is go with Dexron III.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEXRON

hmmm... Is it bad to use power steering fluid instead of ATF fluid? Just a few weeks ago if I were sitting still with the car idling and turned the wheel slightly, I'd feel a little vibration. So I checked my power steering fluid and sure enough it was about a quarter inch lower than where it should have been. It never occured to me to check what type of fluid should go in. I just went to the basement and got my bottle of PS fluid and filled it up. I don't know what the volume of the system is, but I can't imagine that adding a quarter inch or so of fluid would have brought me up to more than 15 or 20% of the entire system being PS fluid instead of the specified ATF fluid. So what does ATF fluid offer that PS fluid doesn't? Lubricity? Temp stability?
Bill

nothing noticeable. ATF is commonly used as power-steering fluid in many cars including Subaru