obd not connecting for emmissions

I have a 1997 dodge caravan and when I brought it to get inspected the obd would not connect to the inspection computer, can anybody help me as to why it wouldnt connect?

It could be a number of things. A faulty PCM, a blown fuse, a communication problem between modules or a wiring problem
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech