connecting obd reader invalidates warranty?

in general, is there any risk of connecting a obd reader to my obd connector

do readers delete or modify data on the car?

or is it as straight forward as connecting a mouse to my pc?

thx

Reply to
fordi2003

Connecting and ODB reader to the car does not invalidate a warranty as this is what any garage would do if they are diagnosing a problem (even the AA or RAC will do this when you breakdown).

Depending on what reader you have, the type of software you have (if it is pc based), and the cars software, you can reset error messages, reset airbag warning lights, reset service lights etc. You can check on the performance of the car though on-screen graphs (PC based) as well as download data from the cars computer.

Reply to
ABC

Don't think so - AA men do it all the time

No but writers do

On my pc I have to remove a pile of junk from the front of it, pull it forward and feel round the back for the right connector. On my car the connector is just by the steering column.

Geo

Reply to
Geo