Seat backs do not latch in the upright position 1997 neon

I am having my car inspected and I have to find out if the front seat backs in the 1997 plymouth neon latch in the upright position. anyone out there know

Thread archive:

interface
http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Seat-backs-latch-upright-position-1997-neon-ftopict247532.html
Those seat backs lock if the vehicle makes a sudden stop