SRS light on - '91 Stealth ES

Today, had some electrical problems - car died while driving on the freeway. Turns out that the problem was the + battery clamp - actually came lose while driving. Anyway, while trying to figure out the problem, several times I was able to restart the car, only to have it die again with a complete power failure. Each time it started to fail, there was a bunch of clicking under the dash - relays or something. Fixed the battery connection problem, and now my SRS light remains lit. I've been through several starts and warm-ups - still lit. Any suggestions on what I can check? Anyone else ever see this? Thanks - Brian

suggestions

You would need to find out what code has been set by a scan tool

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I had a '93 with a similar problem. The SRS has two power sources, and if either fuse is blown the lamp will light. I don't remember which circuits supply power, and I don't have my service manual handy to look it up. Just check for power on both sides of all fuses to see if one is blown or fractured.

HTH Gyz

Reply to
Gyzmologist