03 Dakota Upper Ball Joints

After 63k miles, the upper ball joints in my '03 Dakota R/T are shot. No outrageous driving, just normal stuff. After having them replaced with Moogs, I saw the old parts and they look like they've got 150k on them.
I'm aware of the TSBs and recalls, but my truck was not under any of them.
Is this one of Dodge's screw-ups, or am I just a victim of chance? Comments/opinions most welcome.

Dodge had a recall on the 4wd Dakota balljoints and extended the warranty to ten years/ 100,000 miles on the 2wd Dakotas balljoints, looks like Dodge has a problem to me.
It's nothing new, all the trucks are hard on ball joints. IT helps if someone actually greases them once in a while
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
sqdancerLynn wrote:

Do they have grease fittings?
--
Ken

IIRC, OEMs did not, but my replacement Moogs do. The OEMs on my '03 Dakota R/T where shot at around 65k.