1998 Dakota Instrument Panel Bulb Test

Hi there,
Is there any way to run a bulb test on the Instrument panel of a '98 Dakota.
My cruise control is difficult to engage but DOES work but the light never
activates on the instrument panel. I think it could be the bulb or the control switch. If there was a way to test the bulb I would just get another switch.
Also do you have to take off both screws holding the center of the steering wheel off to get to the switch connector.
Thanks for your help
Ed
Edward G Kinezian wrote:

Your instrument panel shoud do an automatic bulb check lighting all the indicators when you first turn the key on. An oddity on my '99 2500 is that my 4X4 bulb doesn't light when the key is first turned on, but it works when the transfer case is engaged. All other indicator bulbs check good during the key-on test.
--
Ken

Hold the trip reset button down, turn on the ignition switch, and let go of the button.