2001 Dakota 3.9 running rough,stalled once

I'm not up on working on cars much but i just got a 01 Dakota with the 3.9. It takes usually 2 turns of the key to start,runs just slightly rough liker
i can feel a slight shake when stopped at a light,like the old distributor engines used to give when a little out of time. I was backing it up moving my boat yesterday and it idled a little low and stalled.
To me I would think the fuel injectors are clogged or the plugs need changed.Would either of these things help what I described above? Its got 55k miles on it.Thanks!
RH wrote:

I am no mechanic either, but my '01 Dakota (36K miles) was running rough at idle and sometimes cranked twice to start in the cold. A new battery fixed everything up. It idles smooth and runs better overall. I knew mine was not plugs or dirty injectors 'cause I keep up on both items. It was information I read in this newsgroup that led me to the battery. That, and it was 5 years old. Thanks group !!
Gary B.