2002 Dodge Dakota rough idle

HI,

I have developed a rough idle on my truck. Just purchased it used. It has

88000 miles on it. Have tried the obvious so far, air filter etc. Also a stalling problem when a load is applied. Any suggestions? Fuel additives? Fuel Filter?

Thank you,

Reply to
John Smith Jones

miles

Engine? When does it idle rough? Variable rpm's? When was the last time the throttle body was cleaned? Was it idling rough before you bought it?

Reply to
.boB

Reply to
Twix

Answering the questions possed

3.9L V6

No it didn't idle bad when I boughtit. I have tried twice with gas and fuel cleaners Idles rough when it starts and I am sitting. When you put a load on the engine such as backing up or turning wheel. It has stalled several times.

Reply to
Kar Klean

My 01 Ram did this just before the battery went dead. Have yours tested.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M