2005 ram 1500 yellow paste al lover the oil cap

Does any one have idea what this stuff is. According to the dealership they claim this is normal and it is only this year and type of engine that does this. I have never seen this kind of crap on and in the oil fill pipe. It's yellow and it has the consistency of yogurt or sour cream. This week I had a look and it appears like its burning. The truck was in for another oil change 2 weeks ago and it appears like they did not bother to clean it out. Another problem I ran into since I have had the truck is it would stall every once in awhile. 2 months after getting it I found out that the transmission was down a couple of liters. They never bothered to check all the fluid levels before handing the keys over. Every 3 months it went in for its oil change just like they instructed me to do for the first year. I complained to them about the transmission fluid and that it stalled out of blue now and then. I told them it felt like the tranny was slipping in and out of gear when this happened. Now after 4 trips to the dealership they have changed a gas filter then changed the transmission filter then they changed some valve and all of them did not work. The next thing was they installed and new idle motor. All of these trips I kept telling them it felt like the tranny. Then finally I was able to make the truck stall out. I found when you had to slow down in a hurry that it would shimmy and shake and then stall. I told them how to make it stall but I ended up taking one of their techs in the truck with his machine hooked up. Well I had to do this several times with him and his little machine told him nothing because it was diagnosing the motor and as he finally heard it and felt how the truck sputtered and shake and then stalled out. He did not know for sure what it was but it did sound more like a tranny problem to him. Yippee just what I have been telling them for over a year. Oh yea it your engine trouble light does not come on to tell them what the problem was they don't have a clue what to do. So they kept it and got some over guys to look at it and low and behold they found that the transmission fluid was down be 2 liters and since they filled it up they have not had the problem with it. By now I am a little annoyed because I just had another oil change done 3 weeks ago and I guess they did not bother to check anything else on the truck. When I went to pick it up again I had another service manager to talk top and he had the nerve to tell me that their oil change guys could not have missed checking the tranny fluid because it was all part of their process. They have this all set out for them on how to do their job. I just asked him then please tell me where did 2 liters of transmission fluid disappear to especially when I don't have any leaks anywhere. He had no idea what to say to that. A friend told me that he saw this in a friends car and it turned out to be transmission fluid leaking into the engine. Could this be a possibility? I have never seen this before and I am not happy with their explanation that it is only normal for this years model and engine combination. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Reply to
<Lonewolf77777

Sounds like you have water in the engine oil. Not trans fluid., cooling water. Even a small amount will cause frothing. If you remove a valve cover, it will be everywhere. Check for excessive oil volume on the dipstick. Check for color shift of the lube oil. Check for oil in the cooling water. My guess is a head gasket. It could also be an inlet manifold leak. If the engine was ingesting water, it could also cause the low speed engine stumble. Check the color of the spark plugs. The faulty clyinder will have a strange deposit on the electrode. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

It is normal for that engine (I assume you have the 4.7L V8). It's condensation that's making it's way up the fill tube, mixing with the residual oil, and creating that 'gook'.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

My 2003 Ram with a hemi has this weird reddish "paint" inside the oil cap. I thought the dealer was BSing me when he said "they all have it", they really do! He opened up three trucks in the service write up, and all of them had at least some of it inside the cap.

I haven't caught the dealer in a lie yet. Amazing.

BDK

Reply to
BDK

Well, keep trying.... I'm sure you will if you are persistent enough.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons