'05 Ram 1500 4.7L muffler size

Being that I am:

1: Lazy 2: It's cold & rainy outside 3: Someone probably knows this already

What are the dimensions of the muffler on an '05 Ram with a 4.7L Magnum V8? I'm talking about the actual size of the muffler, pipe size, offsets, etc.

I'm looking at replacing the stock muffler with a Flowmaster.

Thank you :)

Todd

Reply to
Todd

On the off chance that a Ram 4.7L and a Dakota 5.9L use the same muffler:

Go to

and search for part number FLO-52558

--------- "Flowmaster 50 Series SUV Performance Mufflers Muffler, SUV 50 Series,

2 1/ 2 in. Inlet/ 2 1/ 2 in. Outlet, Steel, Aluminized"

"Brand: Flowmaster Product Line: Flowmaster 50 Series SUV Performance Mufflers Case Shape: Oval Inlet Diameter (in): 2.50 Inlet Quantity: Single Inlet Location: Offset Outlet Diameter (in): 2.50 Outlet Quantity: Single Outlet Location: Offset Internal Construction: Chambered Muffler Material: Steel Muffler Finish: Aluminized Case Length (in): 17.00 Overall Length (in): 23.00 Thickness (in): 5.00 Width (in): 10.00 Outlet Style: Standard, without tip Quantity: Sold individually."

---------

It needed an extension pipe because it is shorter than the stock muffer. It sounds really good but not loud enough to make non-car people frown and gas mileage went up measureably.

-rev

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Thanks for the info - this was the exact one I was looking at :)

Summit's giant retail store in Ohio is a short drive down the road too :) :)

Todd

Reply to
Todd