92 dodge dakota rare overheating

My dakota is recently overheating since i installed a new thermostat, it ran perfect all summer without a thermostat, i replaced the radiator, water pump and all of the hoses, when my heater is blowing hot air the
truck does not overheat,but as i am driving the blower all of a sudden starts blowing cold air and then my engine overheats very rapidly, i tried replacing the thermostat twice allready but i have the same problem. I NEED HELP PLEASE!!

It almost sound like you have the thermostat in upside down

Or a big air bubble in the system from when he changed everything out. The truck may need a burping :)
BigPapi wrote:

Roy and Tom already gave the probable reasons.
Many people here in Arizona remove the thermostat during the summer thinking it isn't needed. I tend to think thats a bad idea and others will hopefully concur.

I concur.
Roy

There is no thinking about it. Removing the thermostat is a very bad idea.
Al
Why would they remove the thermostat in the summer??? If the motor does not come up to proper temperature it does not run efficiency??? Just wondering why this done??? Seem like a lot of extra work for nothing to me?? Lorne

BigPapi wrote:

Probably air in the system. Not a big deal, but can be a pain. Take the thermostat out, and drill a small hole in the plate - 1/8" or 3/16". Refill the syetem, making sure that the filler neck is the highest point in the system. Make sure the overflow tank is filled with the appropriate amount of fluid. That should take care of it.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!