1993 Dodge Dakota 3.9l V6 backfires when hot

I have a 1993 dakota p/u when hot within 10 minutes or so it will start to back fire and eventually dies and will not start till it cools off. I have changed exaust, cathalytic converter & EGR valve on recomendation of my mechanic but the problem still there. also when i close the hood sometimes it shuts off from the vibration. Any idea or sugestion greatly appriciated.

Reply to
hghg

Does it run smoothly before it begins to backfire? Does this come on all of a sudden?

Reply to
Nosey

It starts smooth after 10 or 15 minutes it srarts to back fire and eventualy stops alltogether.

Reply to
hghg

I know you already changed the valve but it still sounds to me like an EGR problem. Check all the hardware, hoses, and tubes on and around the EGR system again. Check /all/ the vacuum hoses under the hood too.

Reply to
Nosey

Reply to
larman