97 Dodge info needed.

Page 3 of 3

It was good, wasn't it.

creative! as craig said no offense meant to you, it was just funny.

Exactly! Most know I don't personalize this stuff.

Do you think a C-clamp would actually shut him up?
:-) Craig C.

Couldn't find a cartoon involving an inflate-a-date?
beekeep
beekeep wrote:

Well, no. Where would one find cartoons that contain such subject matter? On second thought, I don't want to know. :-)
After looking at the cartoon I posted, perhaps I should have put your name instead of Roy's. That ole gal has a "bee"-hive hairdo. What better place for bee-keeping?
Craig C.
--
Facts [fakts] -noun: The pesky things that get in the way of religious
doctrine.

You have a nine year old truck that has almost 150,000 miles on it. Treat it with respect and it will serve you well within its capabilities. Forget about getting big increases out of exhaust and air filters. I have a '97 Longbed with the 3.9 with 195,000 miles on it. It's not meant to be a go-fast.
Ken
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:38:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Leon Taylor) wrote:

beekeep
I'm sorry some of the people here have to be so rude and immature and complain so much, rather than trying to help people. You will not be able to get much more power out of the engine without spending gobs of money (supercharger, hyperchip, etc.). Intake/exhaust mods would give a power increase, but it probably wouldn't even be noticeable. Also, if you're going to be towing decent sized things, you may want to upgrade the rear suspension with helper springs or air bags to eliminate "tail sag" which happens a lot in weighed down Dakotas. Being a Ram owner, I don't know of typical Dakota problems, but this site has some recalls that could give you a good idea of common problems: http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/67-int/1997/dodge/dakota/base/index.html
Leon Taylor wrote:

I'm sorry you're not educated enough to have read a little farther in the reply ( gotta love the un-education by liberal public school systems) and thereby read the advice I gave on possible performance enhancing products.
You might see if a Christian school offers remedial reading courses in your area.
--
Budd Cochran

attention to it as you have already proved yourself to be out of your mind with your previous rants. It's sort of like the little boy that cried wolf.
beekeep
Budd Cochran wrote:

I enjoy how your broken-down ass still can't spew anything useful.
Still too poor/stupid to buy a proper vehicle to tow 15k across the rockies with?
JS
PS - I'd include a "your mom" joke but its not nice to pick on the retarded.

And, exactly what did you supply that was useful to anyone except you and your ego?

Still too bigoted and asinine to mind your own business, Suter? I mean, besides the fact the engine never missed a beat and only ran hot because of the transmission was in the wrong gear for the FIRST climb out of Denver, that little D-150 made an awful lot of "tow" rigs look pretty bad. It took a Cummins hauling a lighter load to pass me with any ease.

Bye!

Budd could learn a lot from a little Amish girl.
beekeep
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:38:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Leon Taylor) wrote:

I've got a '98, same engine transmission, little less mileage.
Don't think any of the heavily advirtized HP enhancers will give you any noticeable change.
As for common problems, my truck has been relatively trouble free. The CatCon is subject to core material dislocation, and you're already past the extended warranty mileage on that, I suspect it may have already been replaced. I had an early water pump failure, replaced under warranty. Also had a differential speed sensor failure and have had ongoing and irritating, but not truck out of service, intermittant problems with that. The brakes develop shudder early and often, many forums devoted to that topic, I suggest high quality pads and careful wheel lug torquing. I'm a believer in ceramics, but have not found any for this truck.
Frank
If you want more preformance CHANGE the rear diff gears to 4.10 or something steeper depending on what tires you have. Ater driving a Dodge van with 360 carbed motor for manny years & my last van a 92 3/4 van that really sucked gas 8 mpg. I DID NOT want a front wheel drive van settled for a 1/2T shorty conversion with 3.9 It's perfect for my use